I began the month with a totally non-SCA road trip to Florida, which actually started in late August, because the goal was to witness the launch of the Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope on August 30. Which my friends and I did from an oceanside beach called Alan Shepard Park. We also visited the Kennedy Space Center and other fun sights. It's been a long time since I traveled for reasons other than the SCA. It was, quite literally, a blast!
I've done a little bit of weaving -- not much, and I made a couple of mistakes in my pattern, but I have a lot of empty warp left on my loom. The instrumentalists in Laydes Fayre have started on a few new pieces to perform at a later date.
Events: Last Saturday I enjoyed my trip to Stierbach's Baronial Birthday, and this coming weekend I will attend Fall Coronation, where Laydes Fayre will perform at lunchtime.
The Laydes also will sing at Battle on the Bay, which this year will feature the investiture of Storvik's next Baronesses. Yes, our next Coronets will be two women, Lady Orla Carey and Maestra Tirzah di Nola. They are best friends, and both have contributed in many ways to Storvik over the past decades. I just don't know yet whether I will be able to join the Laydes at this outing, as I am waiting to hear whether I will be serving as an early-voting election judge (Maryland's fancy term for "poll worker") for eight consecutive days centered on the same weekend as Battle on the Bay. I really hate to miss the event, especially as baronial chronicler, but I need the money.
I've formulating plans for a couple of other SCA projects that are bigger than the tasks I usually do, but I'm not ready to write about them publicly. Stay tuned!
And now I need to work on the newsletter....
No comments:
Post a Comment