I've already accomplished some of the prep work: hand-washing my chemise, purchasing some finger foods to nibble on during the day (because our hosts are not offering lunch, only dinner), printing out some sheet music that I don't already have, and printing out the directions to the site in Virginia.
Tonight I will have to:
- press the parts of my chemise that will show when I'm wearing the dress, and probably press some of the cloth napkins
- check the silk dress to see if it needs touch-up pressing
- check feast gear to make sure it's all clean (sometimes it gets dusty)
- pack garb, feast gear, and musical instruments/supplies and get them out to the car TONIGHT because it's supposed to be rainy tomorrow
- make sure the perishable products are grouped together in the refrigerator so that I can grab them tomorrow morning.
Here is my packing list:
- the three pieces of my Cavalier outfit (jacket, shirt and chemise -- see previous post)
- the Cavalier hat (for indoors) and a felted wool hat (for possible rain outdoors)
- my wool cloak (needs some repairs, but it's what I have right now)
- pearl earrings and necklace; Opal medallion
- extra pair of shoes for dealing with the weather
- feast gear in its basket
- cameras (video and still)
- small basket (for carrying small items around the site)
- musical instruments and accoutrements
- small cooler with snacks and the rest of the Diet Peach Snapple in the back of the fridge
- directions to the site
- maybe the olive-oil lamp (but then I have to bring olive oil).
Quite a bit of stuff, huh? And this is only a day trip to an indoor site!